It was an awesome experience. I met a lot of cool people, caught up with old friends, and watched some amazing wushu. Cheered so much that I lost my voice the next day. It was another win for Calwushu, with A Team winning first and C Team winning third overall (UCSD got second). I won four golds for four events: intermediate longfist, staff, other weapon (double broadsword), and broadsword.
What I learned:
- You can’t bring a screwdriver or a wrench in a carry-on bag (but scissors are okay)
- The window of a plane has a great view
- Wushu is the best thing in the world
- Cheering for everyone who competes will hurt your throat
- The team leader needs his voice for groupset and should not hurt his throat
And party-dancing… is not really my thing. I’ll stick to finding a girl I can slow dance with, haha.